Need Help? Here’s What ACTC Can Do
- Groceries every two weeks for anyone living in our service area (scroll down for map and zip code listing)
- Lunches every weekday for people who are homeless
Food can be picked up Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., at 116 W. Pennsylvania Avenue in downtown Towson. And Wednesdays from 4:00 p.m. to 7 p.m. for groceries only.
PLEASE NOTE: BGE is upgrading a system we use for financial assistance. It will be unavailable until February 21. Please have patience until it is available again.
Our financial assistance volunteers work on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and we ask for patience as they have many requests for assistance and are working as fast as they can. We are so grateful for the work they can accomplish as this work can be very difficult.
Emergency Financial Help*
- Money toward rent/mortgage for those facing eviction**
- Money toward heating/electric bills for those facing service cut-off**
- Gas vouchers or MTA tokens/passes to get to doctor’s appointments or for job hunting
- Help with paying for prescription medications
* Financial help is available only for people living in our service area zip codes, highlighted below (click the map for larger view).
** For help with rent/mortgage or heating/electric bills, please click the button below. Please note that applications are only accepted during certain times of each month.
Here are some other organizations that may be able to help you
- CARES (limited zip codes) 410-532-2773
- UCAN (limited zip codes) [email protected]
- Flex Fund (Baltimore Co. residents) https://mymdthink.maryland.gov/home/
- Salvation Army 310-277-6103 Online applications https://sa-md.org/
- St. Vincent De Paul 410-662-0500
- Samaritan Center 410-878-8650 or 410-669-1229
- Community Assistance Network 410-285-4674 or CANconnects.org
- United Way 211 410-685-0525 or 800-495-0618
- Dept. of Social Services (DSS) 410-853-3000 or
- DSS Online at baltimorecountymd.gov/departments/social-services/
We hope you will come for food.
- Weekday lunches
- Friday pick-up of toiletries and extra food for the weekend
- Limited referrals for clothing
- Mail pick-up
Center staff or volunteers can tell you more when you visit.
Re-entry from Prison
In partnership with the Baltimore County Detention Center and Maryland Presbyterian Church, ACTC provides food, transportation, toiletries, household linens, and other services to those re-entering the community on release from prison.
ACTC staff and volunteers will work with you to connect you to other sources of help in our community.
Here are some more ways to get help: